It’s very clean. The drivers are very polite. The serving staff are friendly and it doesn’t seem faked forced friendliness.
There are great hiking trails in the nearby Flatirons. I had a salad at Denny’s of chicken, pecans and cranberries and it was really good.
There is a pleasant pedestrianised area. I would like to come back to Boulder.
Great city. I wish I had more time to check out some of these restaurants! Pearl Street Mall was a nice place to walk and the Dushanbe Teahouse was a unique experience.
Distance from Ogallala, Nebraske: 215 miles
Driving time from Ogallala, Nebraska: 3 hours, 5 minutes
The city of Boulder, at the doorstep of the Rocky Mountains, is a great university town with a lively downtown and an exciting culinary scene. It’s modern and trendy yet down to earth and friendly at the same time.
- Take a walk down Pearl Street Mall for great shopping and mouth-watering food choices.
- Drive, hike, or bike up Flagstaff Mountain for spectacular views of Boulder.
- Enjoy a leisurely stroll through the University of Colorado campus. The brick buildings with red roofs are beautifully set with the Flatirons in the distance. Don’t forget to walk by the iconic Folsom Field, home of the Colorado Buffaloes football team.
- An eclectic menu and over 100 varieties of tea await you at the Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse. This unique building was a gift from Boulder’s sister city of Dushanbe, Tajikistan, and hand-built by Tajik artisans with original materials.
- Boulder’s best falafel is at Falafel King on Pearl Street, just opposite the courthouse.
- “Irresistible” is the word to describe Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. Try walking in without buying something!
- Rodeway Inn and Suites Boulder Broker is conveniently located near Chautauqua Park, the University of Colorado, and a short drive from downtown. It’s got great wifi, helpful staff, a decent breakfast, and comfortable rooms. Enjoy the pool and jacuzzi.