17 year hibernating cicadas that wake up and make one hell of a racket! Scottish sub-divisions (suburbs). Beautiful homes. No buses and so far hardly any people either. Super friendly shop and restaurant staff.
I grew up here! I didn’t like it growing up but the past few years it’s turned into a great place with some amazing restaurants on and around the square.
- Visit the Porter County Museum at the old county jail for a quick look at the history of the region.
- Say hello to the Orville Redenbacher statue.
- Take a walk around the campus of Valparaiso University and stop into the Brauer Museum of Art and the Chapel of the Resurrection.
- Have a farm fresh meal at Valley.
- Sample authentic Spanish tapas at Don Quijote.
- Savor American cuisine with a French twist at Bon Femme.
- Try fresh and healthy Mediterranean food at Meditrina.
- Have the “world’s best hot chocolate” at the South Bend Chocolate Co.’s Chocolate Café.
- Enjoy an amazing breakfast at Round the Clock.
- Cool down at the Valpo Velvet Ice Cream Shoppe.